How often do you meet new people that you just TOTALLY click with?!? I know. Especially as we get older, it’s a rare occurrence and a true blessing when it happens, and it just happened to me. Meet Miss Codie…
Codie heads up a fashion styling company called ThreadsRefined, which is sort of like having your own personal celebrity stylist or Rachel Zoe on speed dial. (Yes, please!) The firm links top fashion experts with people like Codie who happen to hate shopping.
While Codie’s passion is for fashion, she also leads an investment sales group in Latin America selling investments to large institutions. Finally, her biggest passion of late? She writes, podcasts, blogs, and speaks on all things life-hacking, business-building, and lifestyle design at CodieSanchez.com.
So what led Codie down this path?
I think in life we all were put here to figure out what exactly our unique talents are, and then spend every ounce of ourselves in sharing them with the world. Codie says, “Life is an opportunity to voraciously learn, grow, and then help others do the same. It’s part of the responsibility we get for each day we’re allowed to keep breathing.”
Codie’s life has been in search of her “WHY.” From building an international finance business, to a fashion styling company, to traveling the world while juggling it all, Codie now is honored to share what she’s learned through her writing and speaking.
While most of my GLAM GALs don’t have a predictable day, Codie is after my heart because she’s a sucker for a process. Waking up at 6:00 each morning, Codie starts with meditation outside for 10 minutes using the “Calm” app (mosquitos be damned!), drinks a cup of coffee with coconut oil in it, and then dives into a quick 5-minute journal entry followed by 3 hours of deep work. After that, she lets the day take her from meeting to meeting and email to email.
Codie’s current passion project is really CodieSanchez.com plus a little pen-to-paper where she’s putting it down about why “the struggle” ISN’T, in fact, real.
What keeps astounding her is when people say things like…
- That’s life!
- It’s a grind.
- The struggle is real
Codie thinks just the opposite. Her first question always is: “What if it was easy?” Then, she goes from there.
She tries not to overcomplicate things. Leveraging those people who know more than she does, Codie constantly questions the status quo.
That single action of questioning has led to some pretty incredible adventures for her like hiking Patagonia and Machu Picchu, surfing in Puerto Escondido, visiting Ankgor Wat and the Great Wall, learning archery, and getting an MBA from Georgetown University all while working.
What’s next on this GLAM GAL’s horizon? Growing her audio podcast, “The Struggle Isn’t Real,” which will soon be live on iTunes and Stitcher so she’s thrilled. Topics discussed will include forgetting everything you’ve been told is possible, redefining the 9-5, and taking advantage of the entrepreneurs and innovators who have come before you.
In closing, Codie’s advice:
Ask for what you want. Always. Full period, stop. You’ll be surprised what happens.
- Your favorite virtue. Persistance.
- Your favorite vice. Selfishness.
- Your favorite occupation. Curious cats of all kinds.
- Your favorite pastime. Running or skateboarding while listening to a podcast (or really ridiculous gangster rap).
- Your chief characteristic. Relentlessly and unabashedly curious.
- Your idea of happiness. Me, beachside, sunset, stimulating conversation, on top of a surfboard after a full day mentally and physically.
- Your favorite name. I love Joaquin; it’s my grandfathers name.
- If not you, who would you be? Honestly, I’m living the life I want to be living. It’s far from perfect, but I’m really curious to see where it leads.
- What’s in your handbag? Too much crap. But my favorite items are a Mophie phone charger, wireless head phones, and I’m lost without my iPad.
- What is your present state of mind? It’s Sunday. I’m watching the sun set, thinking about life while answering all these questions, and drinking a delicious Malbec. I’m pretty d*mn chill.
- Your favorite motto. Money isn’t the ultimate goal. The goal is freedom. To work on what you want, when you want, and where you want, with whom you want.
- How do you “Adorn Differently?” I love supporting boutiques and local Dallas stores first of all, and that certainly includes Wendistry. I love wearing brands that mean something from people who align with my values. Everything I put on says something about me and how I live. I like that message to be thoughtful and strategic.