Now, while some of us first met the ever-fashionable Jeanette back in June at Neiman Marcus Willow Bend, others around Dallas have known of her professional Styling work for over 10 years…
It’s with great pleasure my first “Glam Gal” feature for 2016 is Jeanette Chivvis, Founder and Creative Director of Chivvis Styles, a professional fashion stylist who has styled many celebrities, national ad campaigns, and Internet images for Neiman Marcus and JCPenney. She is also the editor of CAVEAT Magazine and the Style Expert Host for WFAA “Good Morning Texas.”
Jeanette’s editorial print work has included campaigns in Italian Vogue, PaperCity, Patron Magazine and more, and she is currently represented in New York, LA, and in Texas by Seaminx Artist management.
Jeanette started her Styling career by owning a boutique in LA and it was featured in numerous national magazines and on TV because she had a great stable of celebrity clientele. From that boutique, she started dressing celebrities and directing editorial styling for magazines.
So, how does the day start for this nationally-known fashionista?
Lemon water is the first thing I drink when I wake up, it is good for you! I pray for the day and for people who need healing.”
Rising very early at home in Rockwall, a typical day for Jeanette consists of being on-set for a photo shoot from 8am to 6pm. Her agent at Seaminx will call by 4pm each day to let her know if she’s booked for the next day or full week. At 6pm, it’s off to pick up her son, make dinner, exercise at home, and then off to bed early.
Jeanette’s latest projects have been Look Books for several designers.
I just finished a jewelry campaign where I was hired to direct the entire shoot and style it. We had a fabulous time and can’t wait to show the campaign after it launches in Italy! My next campaign is for a gift company who has hired me to style their new Look Book.”
Coming next for Jeanette is the fashion launch of CHIVVIS in the next 6 months, plus a new issue of her magazine, CAVEAT. Right now, she’s eagerly awaiting the big reveal of the DIFFA marketing campaign that she styled this year.
As for advice for those aspiring to a life of professional styling, Jeanette simply says to “be kind and work hard.” By focusing on your long term goals and not getting caught up in comparing yourself to others, you’ll end up competing only with yourself to become better and better.
Jeanette is BIG on supporting other people in the same profession and giving back to educate and inspire the next generation of fashion leaders…. Truly a generous and Glam Gal.
- Your favorite virtue: Authenticity
- Your favorite vice: Gossip mags and Coca Cola once a day
- Your favorite occupation: Stylist
- Your favorite pastime: Making wall art out of yarn
- Your chief characteristic: Expressive
- Your idea of happiness: Balance of spiritual, success and love
- Your favorite name: Chloe
- If not you, who would you be? Mother Teresa or Rachel Zoe LOL… My two alter egos 😉
- What’s in your handbag? 25 lipsticks mostly in a shade of red, my vitamin and herb box organized by day and night, phone phone charger, pen, wallet, Altoids, makeup highlighter, and liquid Botox (I am over 40)
- What is your present state of mind? Determined and rested
- Your favorite motto: Be kind, work hard.
- How do you Adorn Differently? Wearing a piece of vintage back with modern style, plus my red lips and my free-spirited style!